Upon renting a bicycle, you will be asked to sign a contract/agreement showing that you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the rental, as well as an assumption of risk / waiver and release agreement. It takes some time to read the documents (totally two pages), so you may want to download and have a look at the terms and conditions before you come to the shop.
Some of the core statements of the agreement are:
– I understand that this activity may result in severe injury, including but not limited to spinal or head injury.
– I understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions.
– I specifically release and discharge Transphere s.r.o. from any liability or claims for injury, illness, death or loss of or damage to property which I may suffer while renting this bicycle and participating in cycling.
– I understand that not everywhere in Prague and the Czech Republic there are bicycle lanes and that I will have to use the given infrastructure and behave adequately, respecting the traffic rules.
– Transphere s.r.o. staff have answered any questions I have had.
– I understand these bicycles may not always have visibility enhancement equipment such as blinking lights.
Download the terms _and_conditions_disclaimer (pdf)